Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I go about placing a first time order with Pilot Chemical?
a. If you’ve been working with one of Pilot’s Account Managers, you may contact him/her and they will fill out a First Order Information sheet with you. This will allow us to capture the details on your first order. If you do not know your Account Manager, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-70-PILOT.
- Is Pilot Chemical’s Quality Management System certified?
a. Yes, Pilot’s QMS and LMG’s QMS are certified to ISO-9001:2015. Pilot Certificate LMG Certificate
- Are Pilot’s products biodegradable?
a. The simple answer is: it depends. Biodegradability is a complex topic. In general, surfactants with linear side chains are considered biodegradable, while surfactants with branched side chains are not biodegradable. All of Pilot’s Calfoam®, Calsoft®, Calamide®, CalBlend® and Calsuds® products are biodegradable. All of Pilot’s Aristol®, Aristonic® Acid, and Aristonate® products are not biodegradable. Calfax® products are not considered biodegradable under the most recent and stringent requirements, but the linear Calfax® products are found to be biodegradable by some tests. Some of Pilot’s Calimulse® products are biodegradable, but some are not. Consult the product SDS for specific information.
- Are Pilot’s products listed on CleanGredients®?
a. Yes, Pilot is currently an approved supplier with CleanGredients®. Visit the CleanGredients® website at www.cleangredients.org to see the list of approved products.
- What is Pilot doing about the environment?
a. Pilot Chemical in its EHS mission statement clearly states that we are committed to continuously reducing the environmental impact from our operations. The first step in doing so was to begin a data collection effort to determine how we were impacting the environment through things like air emissions, natural resource usage, waste disposal, etc. Once completed, we are now assigning to our operating facilities key performance indicators (goals). The KPI’s will be reassigned annually at lower and lower levels. This combined with policies regarding waste handling and disposal will continue to drive down our impact to the environment in the coming years.
- Who do I contact for safety and regulatory compliance questions about Pilot’s products?
a. Please contact Pilot’s Product Safety & Regulatory team at email@example.com
- What is Pilot doing about REACH?
a. Pilot’s Product Safety & Regulatory team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need information on any REACH registration.
- Are Pilot’s manufacturing facilities EPA registered?
a. Yes, Pilot’s Middletown, Ohio manufacturing facility is EPA registered.
- How do I reach my Customer Service Representative (CSR)?
a. Dial 800-70-Pilot, and choose the option for Customer Service.
- Who can I contact with questions about my order or delivery?
a. You may contact your Customer Service Rep at 800-70-Pilot.
- What are the Customer Service department’s operating hours?
a. Customer Service Representatives can be reached by phone from 8am-5pm EST.
- How can I place a sample order? What is the standard size, and is there a charge?
a. Samples may be ordered via the Pilot Chemical website. The standard sample size is 8 oz, and there is no associated charge.
- Is Pilot Chemical Responsible Care® certified?
a. Yes, the following Pilot Chemical locations have received their Responsible Care® Certification: West Chester, OH; Sharonville, OH; Avenel, NJ; Houston, TX; Middletown, OH; Lockland, OH.