Pilot Chemical Company is a member of The Society of Chemical Manufacturers and Affiliates (SOCMA) and subscribes to the tenets of ChemStewards®. All of our manufacturing facilities are currently certified and certificates are available here.
ChemStewards® is an environmental, health, safety and security (EHS&S) management program designed to help optimize Pilot Chemical’s performance as well as enhance our role as a good corporate citizen. As a mandatory requirement for SOCMA (Society of Chemical Manufacturers & Affiliates) membership, ChemStewards® is helping participants reach for superior EHS&S performance.
The ChemStewards® program focuses on five target areas common to performance improvement programs worldwide:
· Stakeholder communications;
· Product stewardship;
· EHS&S in planning and operations;
· Employee training and engagement;
· Resource management and waste minimization
As a member of SOCMA, Pilot Chemical is dedicated to continuous improvement in environmental, health, safety and security (EHS&S) performance. We promote innovative, safe and responsible operations and contribute to a healthy, productive economy. To meet these responsibilities, we pledge to manage our business according to the following principles:
· We will communicate with and engage employees, business partners and the community to foster a greater understanding on environmental, health, safety and security matters.
· We will promote the concepts of product stewardship throughout a product’s lifecycle.
· We will make environmental, health, safety and security considerations a priority in our planning and operations for all new and existing products and processes.
· We will train employees in their environmental, health, safety and security responsibilities and promote involvement and accountability in these areas.
· We will continuously strive to use our resources efficiently and minimize waste.