An Historic look at Pilot Chemical Company
1951: John Morrisroe invents Ice-Cold Sulfonation (ICS) Technology and applies for a patent. A year later, Mr. Morrisroe founded Pilot Chemical Company and opened the Santa Fe Springs, CA facility.
Expanding Into New Territory
- 1963: Lockland, Ohio
- 1968: Avenel, New Jersey
- 1973: Houston, TX - Alkylation technology is introduced
- 1985: Middletown, OH
1988: Emerges into the Emulsion Polymerization market Peter Morrisroe named Chairman
1993: Emerges into the Personal Care market Emerges into the international business market
1995: Sulfation technology introduced
2000: Paul Morrisroe named Chairman
2002: 50th Anniversary
2005: Consolidated corporate accounting, sales, customer service and technical functions under one roof. Relocated corporate head quarters to Cincinnati, Ohio.
2006: Expanded drying capability in our Avenel, NJ facility.
2007: Implemented new company-wide IT system, involving production, scheduling, inventory control, and order entry.
2007: Launched new corporate logo and website.
2008: Expanded Alkylation and Distillation capacity in Houston, Texas.
2008: Expanded Sulfonation capacity in Middletown, Ohio.
2008: Acquired the business aspects of Intertrade Holding Inc.
2010: Pamela Butcher hired as new COO and President of Pilot Chemical.
2011: Launched a World-Class Safety program.
2012: 60th Anniversary
2012: Pilot Chemical Acquires Mason Chemical Company to better serve both companies customers.